Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience

Can my puppy swim in my pool (chlorine) before she gets her

Customer Question

Can my puppy swim in my pool (chlorine) before she gets her rabies shot?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome,

This is just a quick note to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now.

I am a small animal vet with many years experience with dogs and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. You can expect a written reply sometime within the next five to ten minutes or so.

We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype. Please get back to me if this is more convenient for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls }

Dr Scott

Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 3 months ago.

There is no contraindication for a rabies-unvaccinated dog to swim in a chlorinated pool. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.