Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

I have an 8 yr old mini pin/. He is having an attack of some

Customer Question

I have an 8 yr old mini pin/ ***** *****. He is having an attack of some sort that last around an hour 75 min. His stomach will swell & get real tight, he is irritable and pants, trembles,doesn't want to b touched,he can't get comfortable and can't hardly walk. He had surgery 6 months ago for these same symptoms. The vet thought it was pancreatic attacks. After the surgery he told me he cleaned him out he should b good. And now same symptoms not as bad but this isn't't normal. Any help would b greatly appreciated. He needs to go to a vet who can help me. Thank you..
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Jennifer Welsh replied 3 months ago.

Hello! I am Dr Welsh and I am happy to help with your questions today. I am sorry that your pup isn't feeling well. Let's see if we can get to the bottom of this. I have just a few additional questions for you so that I can make the best recommendation.

Is he still eating and drinking?

how does he act otherwise?

what is the medication that you are giving?

does he get table scraps or any new foods/treats lately?

any vomiting/diarrhea?

any current meds or illness otherwise?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
he is eating & drinking. He seems to b fine otherwise. I give him a pain med that i had left from his surgery, quellin. No vomiting or diarrhea. No other meds are being given to him.

What does his diet consist of?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It did consist of kibbles n bits dog food and ole Roy treats. But since the attack I have only gave him Freshpet select in the rolls and very few treats.

how long ago did you change the food?

did you switch cold turkey or gradual?

any chance he could have gotten into anything?