Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

He is having trouble pooping. I just got m. He is 10years

Customer Question

He is having trouble pooping. I just got him. He is 10years old. He wouldn't eat cause he was grieving. His family had to give him up, so I cooked him some chicken tenders, skinless. Then I gave him milk today to see if that would help him poop. What do I need to do to help him? I feel bad. I made him constipated.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Miller, he is so sweet. I just wanted to comfort him cause he wouldn't eat. Would Imans can lamb and rice help?
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Miller?
Customer: He doesn't have many teeth. I think they had to pull 9 at once a few years ago. I know he is uncomfortable.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Deb replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I'm Dr. Deb and will do my best to help you today.

I'm so sorry that you're worried about Miller but I hope to reassure you that you're not likely to blame if he's constipated. I can understand why you might think you caused his issue but that's probably not the case at all.

I do have a few additional questions to ask about him first if you don't mind;

1. Is he straining to produce a bowel movement?

2. Have his stools up until today been loose or normal consistency?

There may be a slight delay after I receive your answers since I have to type up a response to you. Thanks for your patience. Deb