Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

My daughter has a large dog who is dying, has severe

Customer Question

My daughter has a large dog who is dying, has severe diarrhea and difficulty standing up. He needs to be euthanized but they can't afford to take him to a vet or to have a vet come to the house. is there any agency that can help them. They don't have any children and their dogs are their children. They are having a very difficult time not knowing what to do.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Jess K replied 3 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. Jess. I am very sorry to hear about your situation. Sometimes the humane society or ASPCA in the area will offer euthanasia for free or for a very low price. Some (though not all) will offer humane euthanasia at a reduced cost or for free for owners who cannot afford to pay for the service. Where does your daughter live?