Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

She just swallowed a slow mag( 143mg Magnesium, 238mg

Customer Question

She just swallowed a slow mag( 143mg Magnesium, 238mg Calclum) tablet; she is 56lbs and is 12yo. Has no symptoms but should I bring her to emergency?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Mona
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Mona?
Customer: She has allergies.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 4 months ago.

Please don't be alarmed. Those are very small doses of magnesium and calcium for a dog of her size. I would be surprised if you saw any adverse symptoms at all. There's no need to induce emesis or treat in any manner.

Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.