Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.

He has not been eating past 3 days and regurgitates anything

Customer Question

hi, he has not been eating for the past 3 days and regurgitates anything he does eat. he is drinking though. The vet did blood work which showed elevated white cells. the oncologist seems to think it has to do with inflammation. the vet prescribed him an antibiotic and anti inflammatory. he took it crushed in a small amount of RX science diet wet food but unfortunately that came up as well
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: 7 year old poodle mix
JA: OK. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the poodle eat anything unusual?
Customer: no
JA: OK. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the poodle's name?
Customer: he's a poodle/aerdale mix
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the poodle?
Customer: no. his name is casey
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 3 months ago.

I am sorry to hear about Casey's vomiting. Does he have cancer? Why does he have an oncologist?

My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help. There are many reasons for a dog to vomit, and regurgitating everything he eats is concerning. He could have a blockage, or pancreatitis, or an infection, or if he does have cancer there could be a connection with that. Has an Xray been taken, or an abdominal ultrasound?

If he vomits the medication he gets by mouth, I would give an injection of Cerenia which can help with vomiting for up to 24 hours.

Let me know what other questions I can answer.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
That's a lot of different possibilities...
Expert:  Rebecca replied 3 months ago.

There are dozens of reasons, maybe even a hundred reasons that dogs vomit. Some get better in a day or two on their own, some are serious. To narrow down the possiblities, I start with a thorough physical exam.

Why does Casey have an oncologist?