Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.

He won't eat s dog food but will eat broth and boiled meat.

Customer Question

He won't eat his dog food but will eat broth and boiled meat. He is not pooping at least I haven't seen any. He lays around and doesn't come when you call him. His nose is wet and cold. It has been hot here.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Bruzer and he is 5
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Bruzer?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 3 months ago.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about Bruzer's not eating well and acting lethargic. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

How long has he been not eating his dog food, and not pooping? Is he drinking well?

Can you take his temperature with a thermometer? If you check his gums, are they a normal bright pink or are they pale?

Any time a dog won't eat dog food, only table food, something is wrong. He may be just hot, but he may be sick: fever, infection, pancreatitis, parasites, etc. His not pooping is likely due to his not eating much. If he were constipated, he would probably strain to defecate.

Let me know what other questions I can answer and if you can check his gums and take his temperature.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 3 months ago.

How is Bruzer? I hope you were able to see what I sent; I have not heard back from you!

Expert:  Rebecca replied 3 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?