Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.

My puppy ate 2 prices of her peepad, Tabitha, No that's it,

Customer Question

My puppy ate 2 prices of her peepad
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your puppy will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Tabitha
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Tabitha?
Customer: No that's it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 3 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

How long ago?

How large were the pieces and how much does she weigh?

Any gagging, retching, lip licking, drooling or vomiting?

Can she keep water down?

Are her gums pink or pale/white? Moist or sticky?

If you press on her belly, does she have any discomfort, tenderness, or tensing?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
She ate 2 small pieces
Yesterday, She did eat her food and has kept water down.she weighs almost 9 pounds
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Her gums are pink but not sticky.I did press on her belly and she gave me a look like I am out of my mind lol
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 3 months ago.

Thank you,

While she was giving you that look, its very positive that she hasn't any of those signs. Especially since any of them would be red flags of possible blockage lurking. So, that is good news at this stage.

From here, we'd just want to start supportive care to aid her passing these. To do so, we will want to start her on small meals of bland food (ie cooked rice with boiled chicken/white fish or scrambled egg) for the next few days. Whichever you choose, you consider adding a spoonful of canned pumpkin to the meals. The fiber in the pumpkin will encourage this pee pad material to move through the GI. As well, cat hairball treatment or a GI lubricant (ie Latulose, Miralax, food grade mineral oil) can also be added to these meals to help it slip through.

While encouraging passage of this material, you do want to keep a close eye on her. Specifically, we need to keep an eye out for any belly tenderness or pain when you press on her stomach, pale gums, straining to pass feces, passing blood in vomit or stools, appetite loss, restlessness, or black feces. If you did see any of these; then those are all red flags of a possible blockage or trauma and would require her to be seen urgently by your vet for an exam +/- xray.

Overall, we do always have to tread with care in situations like this. Still, her lack of signs are good news for us thus far .Still, we'd want to plan to monitor for the next 24-48 hours. If we see no issue, then we'd suspect we are out of the woods and that she has passed the material without bother. Of course, any of those warning signs and we'd want her seen by her vet.

All the best,

Dr. B.

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today. Thank you! : )

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 3 months ago.

Hello again,

How is everything going with your wee one?

Dr. B.