Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My chi seems to have lost the ability to walk on all 4's

Customer Question

my chi seems to have lost the ability to walk on all 4's when i took her to the vets i told him my concerns he took the dog into another room with a vet assnt after 10 minutes he came bach in and told me she had a fever i was given a antibiotic and sent on our way 240 dollars poorer
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 5 months ago.

Hi, Mike.

Is she holding up any of her limbs? Can you describe what it is you're seeing?

How long ago was the antibiotic started? Any improvements?

Did they take any x-rays or do blood work?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
when we got there i told the vet AND his assn't that i had 240 dollers and thats what t want done they must have done bloodwork cause how did they know she needed antibiotics
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
she doesn't hold up or show any favor toword her back feet .like today after she went out she couldn't climb the two stairs so i had to pick her up. 3 hours later when i took peanut and harry out she was fine . she doesnt show pain she eats well she never yelps or cry the only thing strange is Harry some times smells her one thing i overlooked is that they are both fixed

They probably gave her antibiotics because they noted that she had a fever. Not because blood work was done.

Did they discuss any potential sensitivity in her back? Small breed dogs are prone to spinal concerns that cause them to not want to jump up or take stairs. My concern would be that this might be what is going on.

Do you have a copy of the receipt that was given to you yesterday that stated what was done?