Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience

Been to vet today still no better trouble going now doesnt

Customer Question

been to vet today still no better trouble going for toilet now doesnt want to lie down
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: shelby german sheppard about 8 maybe bit older
JA: Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. How old is German Sheppard?
Customer: sure about 8
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about German Sheppard?
Customer: had signs of arthtitis in back legs slower going upstairs now
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 3 months ago.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help. If so, I need you to clarify a few things...

Shelby saw his vet. What prompted his doing so?

He's having "trouble going for toilet". Is he having difficulty urinating, defecating, or both? Was he having trouble prior to the vet visit as well?

He doesn't want to lie down. This can occur when lungs can't expand due to any number of advanced cardiopulmonary disorders. Lying down collapses the lungs in contact with the ground making it even more difficult to expand the lungs.

What was diagnosed at his vet visit?