Dr. Stacy
Dr. Stacy, Veterinarian
Experience:  10 years of experience in general practice.

She ate liquid wart remover. I am not exactly sure when or

Customer Question

She ate liquid wart remover. I am not exactly sure when or how much. I found the bottle in her kennel and some was still in the bottle and some was on her blanket
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Harley. She is three
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Harley?
Customer: she is 40 lbs and she had slightly loose poop yesterday but no blood or diarrhea. I believe she ate it sometime between the evening of the 5th and the morning of the 6th. I found it the night of the 6th.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I paid the fee. Is there anything else that I need to do??
Expert:  Dr. Stacy replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is***** I have been a small animal veterinarian for 14 years and I'd like to help with your question.

The wart remover is going to be very irritating to the gums, mouth and intestine. Are noticing any drooling or mouth pain? Are you able to look in her mouth and see if she has any sores or red spots?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
unfortunately I am now at work. She seemed fine last night and this morning. She is eating and drinking normally. I am just worried about internal damage that I won't know about until it is too late

Given that it has been more than 12 hours since ingestion and she has no symptoms I am hopeful that she didn't swallow any. I would recommend feeding her a bland diet for a few days.. such as white rice and cottage cheese. These can help if there is any intestinal irritation. Ideally I would take her to a veterinarian so that they can treat her with some intestinal protectants such as sucralfate....

How serious this is really depends on how much she swallowed and there is no real way to know. If she has intestinal ulceration you should see a painful abdomen, vomiting, dark, tarry or blood stools, drooling and lack of appetite. Take her to a veterinarian for an exam and sucralfate if you can. Feed her bland food for a few days, and watch her closely for any sights of problems.

I hope that helps, but if you have more questions please let me know.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok I will check for sores and stomach pain on my lunch break. I do give her a probiotic powder with each meal. I am not sure if that will help at all. I will also keep a close eye on her stool over the next few days and take her in at the first sign of blood or diarrhea

Best wishes!