Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

My dog. A border collie about 51 lbs ate 12 greenies and 12

Customer Question

My dog. A border collie about 51 lbs ate 12 greenies and 12 dental sticks. What should I do
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 3 months ago.

Hi. Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** Thank you for your question. How long ago did this happen? How is she acting at this time?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
This happened about 90 minutes ago. She is acting ok

Thank you for that information. That is good that she's acting ok. As far as eating that volume of dental sticks and greenies, there isn't a specific toxicity with them. It is very much similar to a food over eating situation. For the most part, these typically don't cause any big issues. They just digest and pass the material. Some may have some diarrhea and / or vomiting. Basically treating any signs that arise is what is typically done in these situations. I would let her have some water and just let her rest.