Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

How to clean ear if a bug got in ear

Customer Question

How to clean ear if a bug got in ear
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ronald Reupert replied 3 months ago.

Hello this is Dr. Reupert . I'm sorry to hear about the ear problem . the ear is a very sensitive part of the body in a dog or a cat . if it really is a bug in her ear then using regular household vinegar anywhere from 10 to 20 drops depending on her size would be appropriate and safe . I would drop it in and massage the lower ear canal for 10 to 20 seconds and allow her to shake out the excess wipe the ear dry and repeat if you don't see the bug maybe once or twice . she probably won't like the smell of the vinegar and if she had an open sore in her ear it could be painful . my question would be are the symptoms caused by an ear infection . vinegar is useful for treating yeast infections in dogs ears and there are here commercial products containing vinegar . If you have additional questions or concerns please write back.