Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My puppy was born on the 15th may 2016...her mums milk dried

Customer Question

My puppy was born on the 15th may 2016...her mums milk dried up early..we bought puppy home last sunday...sorry..2wks ago...he is a chiquaqua cross foxie..excuse spelling..he has been scratching his ears right one worde than left...and has caused bleeding..very worried as he is my baby...he has puppy milk and puppy canned food..thats what he was on when we got him...he gets constipated real quick..as he is now...i give him 1 drop parrifin from chemist...as it was recommened by our vet..please help with ear problem and constipation...can he have town or tank water now?....thank you...
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience. I am reviewing your question right now.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

1) What puppy food are you feeding and what milk? Does he have free access to any water?
2) Can you describe the constipation?
3) How solid are the stools you're seeing?
4) Is the ear canal clean and clear of foreign bodies?