Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

My puppy ate a slipper and has thrown up four times, It's

Customer Question

My puppy ate a slipper and has thrown up four times
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your puppy will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: It's Harley, it's about 10:33 PM should we take him to emergency?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your puppy?
Customer: No just that he's eaten half a slipper and has been vomitiing
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 7 months ago.

I am sorry to hear your puppy ate a slipper. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

How long ago he get it? It is possible that the slipper is causing a blockage, and having him checked out as soon as possible would be best. If he can't keep water or food down, a blockage is possible.

If you look at his gums, do they look bright pink, or pale? If pale, then definitely go to emergency as soon as you can.

Let me know what other questions I can answer.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
He ate bits and pieces of the slipper and his last vomit was bile he's just resting now should I still take him to emergency? He ate pieces of it an hour ago
Expert:  Rebecca replied 7 months ago.

If he only ate pieces, and not the whole thing, that might pass. Has he vomited up the pieces?

Are his gums pink, or pale? If pale, I would go to emergency. If his gums are pink and he is resting, I might wait until morning.

If he is unable to eat and drink, or if he eats or drinks and the food or water is vomited right back up, I would go to emergency.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 7 months ago.

Please only respond here; do not open new questions on the same topic!

Let me know how he is doing and if I can answer any more of your questions. Consider rating my answer if this is helpful.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 7 months ago.

How is she doing? What did you decide?

Expert:  Rebecca replied 7 months ago.

How is your puppy doing?

Expert:  Rebecca replied 7 months ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Expert:  Rebecca replied 7 months ago.

I never heard back from you! How is he doing?