Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

Affenpinscher. He scratches constantly scratches. We changed

Customer Question

Affenpinscher. He scratches constantly scratches. We changed his food, bath him regular, given Benadryl, and nothing works.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Dino. We use frontline plus. No fleas. He does heat up easy and has bad order if we do not bath him regular. He is the first dog that I seen that can sweat just from picking him up.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Dino?
Customer: He is around 7 years old and will chew sores on his body. He has been seen by a vet and they gave him medicine for the itching, but it did not work.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 3 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

What dose of Benadryl were you giving? How often and what does he weigh?

Where is he scratching specifically?

Any changes to the skin (ie pimples, pustules, scabs, ulcers, sores, dander, or crusting)?

How often are you using the frontline plus?

What does he smell like (since you noted an odor)?

What medication did his vet try?