Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Veterinary Questions
Welcome! Thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will be assisting you today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.
1- How long since he ate these?
2- How many ounces of milk chocolate did he eat?
3- How much does he weigh?
4- Do you have hydrogen peroxide 3%?
5- Do you know the name of the rat poison or active ingredient?
1-- How long has he been having problems breathing?
2- How old is he?
3- Any pre existing medical conditions?
4- What is the name of the rat poison?
Friend, after 4 days the main concern is the rat poison at this point. Common ingredients in rat poison are anticoagulants meaning that they cause toxicity by interfering with coagulation. Or, there could a completely different problem unrelated to the poison. Unfortunately there is really not much I can recommend for you to try at home that would have a significant therapeutic benefit in this case. I would strongly recommend having him checked by nearest ER veterinarian, do not wait. If this is related to the rat poison it could be fatal if is not treated promptly. I realize that this answer may not be entirely to your liking, and I regret being the bearer of information that you really don’t want to hear. But it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information. I hope you understand.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service - I hope I've provided the information you were seeking, if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done.