Jennifer Welsh
Jennifer Welsh,
Experience:  Veterinarian at Banfield Pet Hospital

My puppy has been Panting, shaking and winning. it seems

Customer Question

my puppy has been Panting, shaking and winning. it seems like she may have something wrong with her stomach. she drinks water but hasn't ate. Do you have a home remedy that I can try?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Jennifer Welsh replied 3 months ago.

Hello! I am Dr Welsh and I am happy to help with your questions today. I am sorry that your pup isn't feeling well. Let's see if we can get to the bottom of this. I have just a few additional questions for you so that I can make the best recommendation.

any vomiting or diarrhea?

has she been exposed to any areas where dogs are or other dogs/puppies?

when was the last time she ate something?

what have you tried?

has she been to the vet yet?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
she has been vomiting looks like she's vomiting water. I just gave her some puppy food that was soaked in water but I had to force her to eat it. And yes she is around to other chihuahuas

I am very concerned with what you are describing. If a puppy can't keep down water, they can get dehydrated very easily. in addition, because chihuahua's are so small, they can be very susceptible to hypoglycemia (which is low blood sugar). if they go very long without eating, or are vomiting, they can actually go into hypoglycemic shock, have seizures, coma, and even death. if she vomits up what you gave her, I would highly recommend that you take her to the vet asap. If she keeps it down, it would be best to get her in first thing tomorrow to be evaluated. Some things we worry about are parvo, parasites, gastroenteritis, foreign obstructions, etc.

if she keeps that down, you can try some boiled chicken and rice, no seasoning, no additives. that way it is very easily digested. I would feed a small amount every few hours to keep her sugar up.
however i think at this point she needs to see the vet tomorrow (unless she keeps vomiting then needs to go asap)

does that answer all of your questions? Is there anything else that I can answer for you today?