Katie Volat
Katie Volat, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian at Veterinary Hospital

Shih tzu 10 yrs old w/ elevated liver enzymes. Just finished

Customer Question

shih tzu 10 yrs old w/ elevated liver enzymes. Just finished 30days of med. Enzymes,still elevated.Vet wants to reevaluate in a couple months or will put her on an antibiotic and another med. She is eating Royal Canine low fat gastrintestinal dog food that I give to my !5 year old Maltese who had pancreatitis.what should I do?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Cella
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Cella?
Customer: She is overweight but here diet is restricted.We do not walk her right now as I live in Sun City ,Az and too hot.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Katie Volat replied 3 months ago.

This is Dr. KV. I'm here to help with Cella. Can you tell me a bit more...has Cella had an xray or ultrasound of her liver? A bile acid function test yet?