Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I was around a shelter dog a couple of days ang that had

Customer Question

I was around a shelter dog a couple of days ang that had kennel cough, now three days later my dogs are showings signs of kennel cough. All my dogs are vaccinated but they were not vaccinated 6 Weeks apart every time but my vet seems to think they are protected fine and do not need another series. I am worried that they could have distemper and not just kennal cough (could just be over thinking). Do you think that is likely? Even if they have been vaccinated to my vets approval? They are all adult dogs.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Coughing can be worrying. The Veterinarian will know what you should do. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your dog?
Customer: They seem happy and are still eating. Do you think 2 vaccinations are sufficient to protect against distemper?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. John replied 5 months ago.

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I am not set up to do phone calls but would be happy to answer any questions you do have online. In order to give an informative and concise answer, it may take a few minutes before I respond back to you, so don't be alarmed if you don't hear back immediately if you have responded back to me within 10 minutes of my response. I do have a couple more questions, though, to see if I can better assess your situation.

How old are they?

When you say "vaccinated 6 weeks apart", are you referring to their vaccines they received as puppies?