Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.

My 100 lb dog may have eaten 1 tablet of musinex dm. Will

Customer Question

My 100 lb dog may have eaten 1 tablet of musinex dm. Will this hurt him.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: His name is ***** ***** is a healthy 8 yo.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Whopper?
Customer: Not really. Up to date on vaccines. Has had a previous urine ph of 7.5.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome, I am Dr. B and would like to help you today.

Good news! The two active ingredients are ones we do use in dogs quite safely. So while we could she short term drowsiness or stomach upset, we'd expect no long term harm here. So, we'd want to keep an eye on him for the next 24 hours but expect no serious issues.

Best wishes,

Dr. B