PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

My Sharpei has cancer is on predizone. She is having a bad

Customer Question

My Sharpei has cancer is on predizone. She is having a bad night breathing. Is there something I can give her for pain.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
She is just panting and standing up. I know she needs to lay down and rest. What can I do
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 9 months ago.

Good morning, Sharon. I am sorry it's taken so long to hear back from someone on our end.

Prednisone can cause odd panting behaviors, so do be aware of this. However, if she truly is painful, options for pain medications would be something like tramadol, gabapentin, amantadine, etc. We try to avoid using NSAIDs in dogs taking steroids, so avoid that route unless directed by your vet.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had regarding your companion? If you have other questions, please reply and I’ll help you further.

Once you're satisfied with our dialogue, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.