Dr Marta Lepes
Dr Marta Lepes, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Owner, practitioner, Owner at Hilo Veterinary Clinic, Inc, Vetmed Hawaii
90005502

I need an expert on anal gland condition ,My 5 years old

Customer Question

I need an expert on anal gland condition ,My 5 years old Morky suffering for terrible pain around her anus The vet express it it weekly or 2 weekly and 2 days later the pain starts. No one can imagine the screaming an the pain she demonstrate. She chews her leg and tail raw and also has allergies She has air dried raw food but her poop doesn't clean it it out she pushing her bum to me to help, but when I help her she rips my flash open i am afraid of my own dog, loosing her would destroy me seeing her sick destroys me She is my only thing in my life what keeps me going I am old I need her
She barks all day from pain. Vet said behavior issue. She Don't now my dog but I do
She is just sick with something maybe nerve damage, maybe something serious.x Ray showed fine blood test showed fine but my dog is sick I feel a heart attack coming on for me I can't take it every day to see her. My husband is very sick and drives him more sick, and wants to get rid of her . The baby is on nzyme detox and has the best food I can't cope any more for 2 years all day I look after my dog and my husband I have no more energy. Suggestion from friends to euthanize her she suffers to much, she does but there is a cure for her to live pain free. She is taking hemp seed oil cannabis for pain she eats well, but the gland fills up from semi soft poop. Please recommend a specialist in Toronto who can save my baby. She had a rough life she Is from the shelter 2 years ago a beautiful sweet smart little dog
and the cost of vet visits over 2 thousand dollar in 2 years my pension is a big factor so she has to get well very soon. Please help me only if you really know about anal issues
my vet has no clue, I am on my own searching of cure but don't know what is the cure
it has to be a specialist to tell me what is wrong with her
thank you
thank you
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Marta Lepes replied 5 months ago.

Hello Mirza, my name is***** and I will help you. I'm sorry that all of this has taken such a toll on you.

In cases such as this I have surgically removed both glands. That of course prevents them from filling and being so painful. I'm sorry that she has had to suffer so long.

Post surgical care can be difficult because there is surgical pain. But today there are excellent pain killers to deal with that.

I live in Hawaii so I cannot advise you as to a choice of vet. But give me a sec and I will look for the closest Veterinary College to you. They could make a referral I believe.

OK, there is the Ontario Veterinary College. Phone number is(###) ###-####

Try calling them for a referral.

The referral vet will do a complete exam of the anal area and make recommendations. I'm sure that there is an answer to Bay's suffering.

Taking care of the problem will make life much better for Bay and you.

I hope that this has helped. If you have questions I will try to answer them.

When we are through please rate this service.