Christi Belew
Christi Belew, Veterinarian
Experience:  Medical Director at Union Hill Animal Hospital
70197007

Well I believe my dog my have ate a pack of snap pop

Customer Question

Well I believe my dog my have ate a pack of snap pop fireworks. You know the ones you throw on the ground or stomp on to pop. I didn't actually see him eat them but we found the box empty
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if My will be able to digest that. How old is My?
Customer: Winston is a 6 month old mastiff/ lab mix he weight about 45 ibs
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about My?
Customer: Not that I can think of. I just don't know for sure if he ate them or not
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I've made the payment. How long will it be for an answer. This really isn't something that can wait a day
Expert:  Christi Belew replied 8 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I am happy to help you. Give me just a minute to read through the original post and then I'll respond with some advice for you

Ok, thank you for your patience. I was looking up the common active ingredients and then comparing them to my toxicity book. The biggest concern with fireworks ingestion is tummy upset (vomiting & diarrhea). It is recommended to monitor for those symptoms and any lethargy. If this occurs, then I would recommend seeing your veterinarian.

You always have the option of seeing the ER clinic tonight so they can induce vomiting, but you want to do that within 1-2 hours of the ingestion.

If I have answered your questions, please kindly rate me (this is how I am compensated). If not, please reply back and I am happy to answer additional questions. Thank you

If I have answered your questions, please kindly rate me (this is how I am compensated for my time). If not, please reply back and I am happy to answer additional questions. Thank you.