Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I just got m Friday July 1st. I took m to the vet Saturday

Customer Question

I just got him Friday July 1st. I took him to the vet Saturday he tested negative for parvo. However he is not keeping any food down. He vomits, then plays a bit, then drinks water then chews on the rawhide bone and the process starts over again. This is now the 2nd day that he has done this, he had diereah yesterday but none today. Though he is a lot more alert and playful then yesterday. I am a single mom of an autistic child and barely got them money together for the adoption and vet bills for whats needed. I don't know what to do.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: not that I saw
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Eugene
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Eugene?
Customer: He wobbles a lot, like he is drunk.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Christi Belew replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I am happy to assist you and Eugene. I would like to ask a few additional questions to better assess the situation.

1. When you first brought him home, did you start a new food for him?

2. How old is he? Where is he in his vaccine schedule?

3. When he vomits, is it right after eating? Can he keep water down?

Thank you, ***** ***** forward to helping you

Hello, I have not received any response to my initial questions, may I be of further assistance?