Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I have a Chiweenie dog that I adore. But the last day and a

Customer Question

I have a Chiweenie dog that I adore. But the last day and a half he has been vomiting and refusing to eat or drink. The vomit is yellow and thick and he has been fasting for about 2 days. I've read online that it can be from having a fatty meal or possibly swallowed something he wasn't suppose to. I don't have the disposable income to be able to take him to the vet and I need to see if there is anything I can do for him at home. I read that fasting could be good for him to give his pancreas a break and then give him either pedialyte or gatorade to keep his electrolytes up but he wont drink it. I also read to give him antacids so I gave him a small dose of Ranitidine. He is just laid out, weak and occasionally vomiting. Is there anything that I can do for him at home that I haven't tried yet?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebekah Kane replied 7 months ago.

Hi there, I am Dr. Kane, and I will do my best to assist you with Bubba today. I'm sorry to hear he is not feeling well. Please give me a moment to type up a response to your concerns. In the meantime- please take a moment to relay any other pertinent information. Sound good?