Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Aging Akita. Weak back legs. Eating and drinking well.

Customer Question

Aging Akita. Weak back legs. Eating and drinking well. Outdoor dog. Afraid of fireworks so comes in at night, Some hair loss on tail. Breathes rapidly when sleep. Seems comfortable but a little sad at sometimes in the day. fat around the middle. Spayed 10 years ago.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Neeko.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Niece?
Customer: She is such a good girl. Great temperament. A sweet heart. Always has yearly physical. Eats the best grain free food and takes vitamins and supplements daily
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Christi Belew replied 7 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I am happy to assist you and Neeko. I'd like to ask a few additional questions to better assess the situation.

1. Is the primary concern her lethargy and weak back legs? Any other concerns today?

2. Is she on any medications? You mentioned vitamins and supplements, is one of them for joint supplement?

3. At her last yearly physical, was any blood work done to check her liver, kidneys, thyroid level?

4. You noted breathing rapidly at sleep, any coughing, sneezing, wheezing?

Thank you, ***** ***** forward to helping you.

Hello, I have not received any response to my initial questions, can I be of further assistance?