Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I think he has weeds stuck in s throat, he try's to get them

Customer Question

I think he has weeds stuck in his throat, he try's to get them up but only makes gagging noises and I can feel his stomach shaking. He is very tired and though he drinks, he isn't eating much. I got him to eat a hot dog bun but it didn't help
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Ollie, a two year old Shitzu
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Shitzu?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Christi Belew replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I'd like to help you and Ollie. I do need to ask a few more questions to better assess what may be going on.

1. When he ate the hot dog bun, did he seem to swallow ok? Did he get choked or cough while eating it?

2. Any nose or eye discharge?

3. Any drooling? When you lift his lip and look at his gums, are they pink?

4. How long has this been going on?

5. Any vomiting or diarrhea noted?

Thank you, ***** ***** forward to helping you

I have not received any further response to my initial questions, can I be of further assistance?