Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

MY DOG HAS A POUCH HANGING FROM S BACK LEG. IT RESEMBLES AN

Customer Question

MY DOG HAS A POUCH HANGING FROM HIS BACK LEG. IT RESEMBLES AN INTERNAL ORGAN KIND OF LIKE A KIDNEY. IT IS NOT INTERNAL. NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE IT
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 5 months ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

It is hard to know without seeing this or being able to feel it but they can get benign skin tumors that will appear like a pouch or a cyst that has filled with fluid. If it is small and Pee Wee is older, then it is probably a skin tumor that your vet can easily remove under a local anesthesia. Can you send me a picture of this? That would help me be able to give you more information. Thanks!!

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I DO HAVE QUESTIONS AND WOULD LIKE TO SEND YOU A PHOTO.I HAVE JUST HAD NECK SURGERY AND AM FEELING A LITTLE TIRED. AFTER I REST, I WILL GO OUTSIDE AND GET PEEWEE

Good for you...use the paper clip to attach a photo...looking forward to seeing it. Hope you feel better too...