Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.

No poisons around my yard my dog of 14 years developed a

Customer Question

no poisons around my yard my dog of 14 years developed a cough through the week then it went away weekend she was fine then she stopped eating last night and died in front of fire place this morning before my eyes no fit nothing she vomited a little blood before hand then gone. and blood then came out of nose and mouth
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Did you see what your dog ate?
Customer: normal food dog bisc no can food
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your dog?
Customer: she was given a clean bill of health not long ago wormed reg and stuff
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 3 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian & I would like to help you today.

Given the signs you have reported and the knowledge that toxicity is unlikely, our main concerns for her sudden passing at this age would be underlying heart disease, a lung tumor, or rupture of a large vessel in the lung. Since she did have coughing beforehand, the first 2 would be our main suspects and could have been missed on examination alone since often an xray is needed to catch these both in their early stages.

So, those would be our clinical suspicions. Of course, for closure and a definitive diagnosis, you could take her to the local vet (or ER vet if yours isn't open) for an autopsy to determine which issues has caused her to suddenly pass on.

Please take care, my thoughts are with you,

Dr. B.