Melanie Goble
Melanie Goble,
Experience:  Relief Veterinarian/Owner at Renewed Strength Veterinary Services, LLC

My 14 yr old Australian Shepard is passing blood and her

Customer Question

My 14 yr old Australian Shepard is passing blood and her abdomen is distended.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Melanie Goble replied 3 months ago.

Hello Mary

My name is***** have been a veterinarian for 11 years. I apologize in the delay in responding to you. What exactly is your question today?

In a general way, I am very concerned about what you are describing that Schatzie may have an emergency situation going on and I do recommend going to an emergency clinic as soon as possible. My biggest concern is the distended abdomen as that may be a sign of a tumor or bloating of the stomach. The bleeding also concerns me. This may be a potentially fatal emergency.

What to expect at the emergency clinic? She will need a physical exam, and either an ultrasound or radiographs (x-rays), from there, they may also recommend blood work.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

If I have answered your question to your satisfaction, please take a moment to rate me so that I may continue to provide and improve my services.

I would also appreciate an update on Schatzie when you have a moment. I hope do hope she does well and feels better soon.