Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

Dog just licked less than1/4 teaspoon of old fresh salsa.

Customer Question

Dog just licked less than1/4 teaspoon of old fresh salsa. Should i make her vomit? She is 14 pounds.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 5 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

If she just had this small a dose of salsa, you don't need to induce vomiting. If it is spicy, you can flush her mouth with cool water and give a bit of milk to reduce the spice in her stomach. And if she has any gut upset, you can offer a light diet like rice with boiled chicken, white fish, or scrambled egg to just soothe that for her.

Please take care,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Afterwards, I would be grateful if you rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 5 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

nekovet