Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Runny nose

Customer Question

green runny nose
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. John replied 5 months ago.

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I am not set up to do phone calls but would be happy to answer any questions you do have online. With green discharge from the nose, the first thing we get concerned about is a nasal infection. It could just be irritation from rubbing her nose in the sand, but she could have also picked up an infection that way as well. You can try saline nasal drops to see if you can get her to sneeze it out better. You can even put her in a room with a humidifier or in a bathroom with the shower on hot. If the discharge is not improving in a day, getting worse at any time, the vomiting continues or she starts showing any other sign of illness, I would recommend getting her seen by your vet to make sure nothing else is going on and potentially getting her started on antibiotics. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Hope this helps.

My goal is to make sure that you get all your question answered and all the information you need. If you are satisfied with my answer, PLEASE RATE IT. Rating it is the only way I get credit for helping you. If you feel like it is not helpful to you, or if there is more information you need, please respond back to me before rating. Realize that our conversation is not intended to diagnose or treat a condition. There has to be a valid veterinary-client-patient relationship established with an exam, according to law. You should always follow up with your vet.