Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

He has a very large, soft ball sized, hard lump on s right

Customer Question

He has a very large, soft ball sized, hard lump on his right hip. It developed over the course of a few days and it seems to be causI g him alot of pain
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Cody, he's a black lab approx. 14 yrs
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Cody?
Customer: He had a check up about 4 months ago and checked out fine
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. John replied 9 months ago.

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I am not set up to do phone calls but would be happy to answer any questions you do have online. In order to give an informative and concise answer, it may take a few minutes before I respond back to you, so don't be alarmed if you don't hear back immediately if you have responded back to me within 10 minutes of my response. I do have a couple more questions, though, to see if I can better assess your situation.

Is the lump soft, firm or very hard?

Is he limping on that limb?

Any decrease in appetite, vomiting, diarrhea, coughing or other signs of illness?

Any recent history of trauma to that area?