JACUSTOMER-2ggpt01r-
JACUSTOMER-2ggpt01r-,
Experience:  Emergency Veterinarian at Carolina Veterinary Specialists
94585309

I have a 50 pound Wheaten Terrier who likes to pull apart a

Customer Question

I have a 50 pound Wheaten Terrier who likes to pull apart a rug and eat the strands. He also goes around the baseboards of wood floors and cleans them with his tongue. When I see him doing this, I give him Pepcid Complete and he stops the behavior. It is not daily but at least a couple times a week. He is always hungry, eats extremely fast and resource guards his food. I believe he acts this way because his stomach is upset. Is it safe to give him the chewable Pepcid Complete? My vet told me it was safe to give him Pepcid AC but the Complete has a couple added ingredients.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the terrier?
Customer: He is otherwise very healthy.
JA: What is the terrier's name and age?
Customer: Solomon age 4
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  JACUSTOMER-2ggpt01r- replied 5 months ago.

Hi there, It would be better to give Solomon regular pepcid AC long-term, but in the short-term (2-3 days) the added ingredients will not be harmful to him. - Dr. C

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

JACUSTOMER-2ggpt01r-