Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

Dental procedure Tuesday. Still won't eat or drink. Had

Customer Question

Dental procedure Tuesday. Still won't eat or drink. Had fluids yesterday at the vet. Came home and ate a bit of rice and turkey and a minimal amount of water. Can't coax her to take anything. Yesterday given Flagyl. He thinks she got stress colitis. I also think she might have a clear drip from her nostril?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: She is 7, a Scottish terrier, and had many liver tests a month ago due to high liver enzymes, but came back with normal liver function. She had colitis chronically for many years, but it has been much better the last 3 or so.
JA: What is the Scottish terrier's name?
Customer: Lilly
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 3 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

Was she only treated with Flagyl and fluids? Is she on any pain relief post dental?

Any retching, gagging, lip licking or vomiting?

Dos she seem to want to eat but then cannot? Or does she have no interest at all?