Rebekah Kane
Rebekah Kane, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  small animal veterinarian
94503255

My dog is in distress over a razor burn after grooming on

Customer Question

My dog is in distress over a razor burn after grooming on genitals she is female what can I put on her to make it feel better until healed?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Burns are certainly painful. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Toots and 10 yrs old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Toots?
Customer: Bichon friese
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebekah Kane replied 9 months ago.

Hi there, I am Dr. Kane, and I will do my best to assist you with your pet today. Please give me a moment to type up a response to your concerns. In the meantime- please take a moment to relay any other pertinent information. Sound good?

Hi there, if she is licking at it she will need to wear a cone collar to prevent further irritation. You can apply a thin layer of Neosporin twice daily until healed. However, if it becomes more inflamed instead of looking better, please bring her in to get checked by her veterinarian where she may need to be prescribed oral antibiotics. I hope this has helped, and that Toots feels better soon!

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen. Thank you!

Expert:  Rebekah Kane replied 8 months ago.

Hi there- just wanted to check in and see how Toots is doing?