Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Veterinary Questions
Hello, my name is***** and I have over 20 years of experience as a veterinarian. I am sorry to hear that your pup Walter ingested something he should not have.
I need to know what medication (active ingredient, for example acetaminophen or ibuprofen) that he ingested and what size (milligrams) the pills were.
How many pills could he have ingested?
Different medications have varying side effects, and some can be relatively safe whereas others are highly toxic. Likewise some medication we should induce vomiting with and others that is not recommended.
How long has it been since he ingested the medication?
How is he behaving now?
Is he taking any medications currently?
Do you have any 3% hydrogen peroxide?
I can try to help once I have more information.