Craig Fujioka
Craig Fujioka, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Emergency Veterinarian at Yorba Regional Animal Hospital

I have a dog that I rescued in Feb. He was fine at first and

Customer Question

I have a dog that I rescued in Feb. He was fine at first and now he poops and peea in the house. We go out at least 5-6 times a day. I don't know what to do with him. He is 5 years old.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Craig Fujioka replied 3 months ago.

Sorry to hear that you are having frustrations with your puppy. I am a Veterinarian of 15 years experience and owner of four dogs. I will try and help you. Has your dog been examined and evaluated by a veterinarian for this problem yet? Does he only do this when he is home alone or when you are also at home?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am not sure when he does it, but it has to be when I am at home. In the morning I notice it in the other room.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I do have a Vet Dr. I am only doing this because I don't think she is in today.

Is it mostly urine or feces or both that he does in the house?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Are you going to answer?

Certain medical conditions can cause a pet to start urinating and defecating in the house. I would recommend your puppy being see and examined by your veterinarian to make sure there isn't a medical problem as the source. More often than not, these issues can be behavioral based. You can try crate training if you are not there to monitor him. There are articles online that can help you learn to crate train him. It is difficult to for a dog to understand a scolding if it isn't directly after the offending event, so scolding him after the fact will likely not help. If it continues to be an ongoing problem, you can always consult with a behaviorist or trainer. You local vet will be able to help you find help in those departments.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you!

I hope that the information I have given you helps to resolve the issues you are having. You are welcome to contact me if you have additional questions regarding your situation. If you found my information helpful, please rate my answers

Thank you

Hi Mary,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Earl. How is everything going?

Craig Fujioka