Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience

We have a three year old pekingese that has always had many

Customer Question

We have a three year old pekingese that has always had many different fatty tumors. What can I do besides having surgery when the get large and erupt. She eats Blue small breed dog food with coconut oil.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 3 months ago.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Fatty tumors (lipomas, mainly) may enlarge but don't "erupt" through the skin. Is erupting through the skin what you're describing? If so, you would be describing epidermoid cysts, instead. If that's the case, there is no conservative approach and only surgical excision of the cyst is curative. Can you upload a photo(s) of these to our conversation? You can use the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see that icon) or you can use an external app such as

I can be more accurate for you if I can see what you're seeing.