Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  12 years of experience with domestic and exotic dogs, PLEASE rate my service when satisfied.

My 125 lb. dog ate 20mg. of Lexapro, should I worry, no, I

Customer Question

my 125 lb. dog ate 20mg. of Lexapro, should I worry
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: no, I should have used kilo, instead on lb. He is a 60 kilo yellow lab
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for your question, I'm Dr. Dan and I'll try to help you.

I have really good news for you! As long as your dog has no known liver problems he'll be just fine. A single dose of lexapro at most will cause an episode of vomiting or sleepiness but that's it. This is a really safe medication and as long as he doesn't get any more he'll be fine. I hope this helps, if not please feel free to ask more questions, if it did help, please leave a rating. Dr. Dan