Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

Rash and enlarged teats on 2 year old English Setter.

Customer Question

Rash and enlarged teats on 2 year old English Setter. She's about to go into heat... her teats are really enlarged. We think it's the prebleed time. The rash is on her belly and the outside of her leg and her bum and her mouth. Her butt and mouth are inflamed.. the rash is red and spotty...she is constantly itchy and licking.. . we give her Sentinal is what she is getting for fleas. She's inside most of the time but has run of the back yard that is fenced in. Fromm is the food that she eats but she also gets brown rice and chicken.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 11 months ago.

Can you upload a photo(s) of representative skin to our conversation? You can use the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see that icon) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/

I can be more accurate if I can see what you're seeing. It's unlikely that her "rash" is related to her sexual cycle. Does her pruritis (itchiness) have a seasonal aspect to it or is she pruritic to the same degree year round?