Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My sons dog is a Pit very sweet and playful he started

Customer Question

My sons dog is a Pit very sweet and playful he started yesterday with not eating or drinking just lays around very lethargic won't come when called went to the vet and they kept him overnight and gave him IVs picked him up and he is the same Waiting for blood work My friends dog had the same thing and had cancer and died Could this be another issue that is not life threatening
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dani Rabwin replied 5 months ago.

Hi this is Dr. Dani, I'm a small animal veterinarian and I'm happy to help with Gage. I'm sorry he's feeling so sick. Was there any vomiting, diarrhea or coughing? Is he urinating and defecating? Did the vet give you an idea of what they thought was wrong, or are they waiting on the lab results? Did they send you home with any medications to give him? Please give me some additional information and I'll be happy to offer some suggestions.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
He was fine .. No vimiting diarrhea coughing no trouble urinating or defecating. Doctor had no idea. Sent him home to wait for lab results. No mess.