How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Peter Your Own Question
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Category: Dog Veterinary
Satisfied Customers: 29792
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
Type Your Dog Veterinary Question Here...
Dr. Peter is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

She ate about 3-4 oatmeal raisin cookies while we were out

Customer Question

She ate about 3-4 oatmeal raisin cookies while we were out to dinner. It has been about 4 hours since she did this and she seems fine. Should I be doing something about this?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Daffy and she is 3/12 and weighs 65 pounds.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Daffy?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 11 months ago.

Welcome! Thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will be assisting you today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Can you give me an idea of how many raisins per cookie?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Maybe 3 per cookie. She seems to be fine this morning.
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 11 months ago.

Friend, raisin toxicity in dogs is very dependent on the amount of raisins consumed and weight of the dog. The lowest toxic dose reported is 0.11 oz/kg, this means that for a 65 lbs Daffy she would need to eat at least 3 ounces of raisins to be concern about toxicity. In this case 4 cookies with 3 raisins per cookie is not enough to be toxic, she will be fine.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service - I hope I've provided the information you were seeking, if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done.