Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

She had a that was almost all clotted blood, no foul odour,

Customer Question

she had a bm that was almost all clotted blood, no foul odour
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Zoey and she is 4 years old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Zoey?
Customer: She often has constipation and at times she has short quik sudden movements like she has a bad gas bubble or something
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 5 months ago.

Hematochezia (blood in the stool) almost always indicates a colitis but doesn't tell us the etiology of that inflammation in the colon. How is Zoey otherwise - appetent? vomiting? lethargic? normal? Is there a history of a dietary indiscretion - eating something new, inappropriate, spoiled, or a non-food item? Does Zoey have a history of gastrointestinal distress other than constipation? What does her diet consist of, please?