Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

He ran on a beach and I had to take a couple of pieces of

Customer Question

Hi, he ran on a beach and I had to take a couple of pieces of crab claw out of his mouth -- then he swam a bit in cold water. He is now very lethargic and his upper legs twitch a bit as he tries to sleep. He hasn't drunk anything and will not wag his tail. He's a French bulldog/beagle mix.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the French bulldog. What is the French bulldog's name and age?
Customer: His name is ***** ***** he's 5.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Hammond?
Customer: He seems sensitive around his butt area -- like I said, he won't wag. He is able to walk, but just wants to lie on his bed.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Jennifer Welsh replied 3 months ago.

Hello! I am Dr Welsh and I am happy to help with your questions today. I am sorry that Hammond isn't feeling well. Let's see if we can get to the bottom of this. I have just a few additional questions for you so that I can make the best recommendation.

is he still eating?
when was the last time he drank?
how long did he swim for?
how long has this been going on for?
has this happened before?
any current illness or meds?