Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience

My yorkie stepped on paint he has it on the bottom of s paws

Customer Question

My yorkie stepped on paint he has it on the bottom of his paws ,is not awater base paint i puy coconut oil and bathe him but it wont come out.What can i do
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Leo,he is two years old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Leo?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 3 months ago.

This type of paint should be miscible in heavy duty mineral oil (not mineral spirits) which is simply baby oil without the perfume. Rub the mineral oil thoroughy into the affected areas until you see the paint moving into the oil and then wipe the oil/paint away. Repeat as necessary.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks fore service will try hopefully it will work.

You're welcome. I can't set a follow-up in this venue so please return to our conversation - even after rating - with an update at your convenience. You can bookmark this page for ease of return.

Hi Isabel,

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?