First, if Pee Wee cannot even keep water down, we do need to tread with great care. Dogs that nauseous tend to need us to use injectable anti-nausea mediation to break their vomiting cycle and give us a chance to treat the underlying cause. So, we do need to be careful here.
Now based his signs, we do have a few concerns. Common causes we need to consider include bacterial or viral gastroenteritis, pancreatitis, parasites/protozoa infections, general dietary indiscretions, and ingestion of harmful items (ie toxins, plants, non-edible items).
With this all in mind, if he has just vomited, we will need to rest his stomach for a few hours (6-8 hours). Food should be withheld but water can be offered in sips or as ice cubes to prevent him vomiting with that. Once he is a bit more settled, we can try him with an OTC antacid (ie Pepcid (More Info/Dose @http://www.petplace.com/article/drug-library/library/over-the-counter/famotidine-pepcid) or Zantac (More Info/Dose @ http://www.petplace.com/article/drug-library/library/over-the-counter/ranitidine-hcl-zantac)). Whichever you choose, we’d give this 20 minutes before offering food to allow absorption. Of course, do double check with your vet if he has a known health issues or is on any medications you haven't mentioned. Though again if cannot keep even this down, then we’d want to bypass his mouth with injectable anti-vomiting medication from his vet.
Once he is more settled, you can plan to try small meals of a light/easily digestible diet. Examples you can use are cooked white rice with boiled chicken, boiled white fish, cottage cheese, or scrambled eggs (made with water and not milk). The aim of these diets is that they will be better tolerated/absorbed by the compromised gut. Therefore, it should get more nutrients in and result in less GI upset. As long as improvement is being seen, I usually advise continuing this until the signs are settled, and then weaning slowly back to what you normally feed.
Since dehydration is a risk for a dog this nauseous, we need to keep an eye on his hydration. To check this and make sure dehydration isn’t an issue, there are a few parameters you can test. Further to checking for gum moisture, you will want to make sure his eyes are not looking sunken and that he doesn’t have a "skin tent" when you lift the skin. To see how to check these, you can find a good video HERE (http://www.ehow.com/video_12232503_dog-dehydrated.html). If you do see any of these signs already, then that would be our cue to have him seen before this becomes an additional issue (especially since its often dehydration that makes them feel unwell).
Overall, a wide range of agents could trigger the GI upset we are seeing and if he has eaten something he should not have then that certainly could cause these signs. Therefore, we’d want to start supportive care to try to settle his stomach. Though if he cannot keep that down, appears dehydrated already, or doesn’t respond to the above within 12-24 hours; then we'd want to get his vet involved. They can assess his hydration, rule out fever, ensure nothing in his stomach that shouldn't be, or any sinister viruses present. Depending on their findings, his vet can treat with injectable anti-vomiting medication +/- antibiotics to settle his stomach and get him back feeling like himself.
Please take care,
If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Afterwards, I would be grateful if you would rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )