Dr. Ann M.
Dr. Ann M., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  ER and general medicine Veterinarian since 2005
15015521

Susie. My 12 yr female cat ears are red and seeping around

Customer Question

Susie. My 12 yr female cat ears are red and seeping around the ears..she has been outside a few times on porch and in grass! Just noticed in past 2 days..didn't see her scratching! But looks very red!
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Ann M. replied 8 months ago.

Hi there and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed, internship-trained veterinarian with 10 years experience in general medicine and emergency and critical care medicine and I would be happy to assist you. Please be patient as there may be slight delays in responses as I research your pet's issue.

Are you able to attach a photo?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No

Okay. The *best* thing would be to see a vet for what is most certainly an outer ear infection. If that is not an option, you can clean the ears with a 50/50 solution of vinegar and water and cotton balls and order this medication online: Zymox ear drops. You would put 6 drops in each ear once daily for 14 days. You can buy it on amazon and at some pet stores. Clean ears every other day by filling the ear with the vinegar solution and then wiping out with cotton balls.

I hope that I have answered your question thoroughly. If you still have questions, please reply. If you feel that I have provided anything less than excellent service, please reply to me first before rating my service and let me know how I can better assist you. Thank you for your question; it has been a pleasure being able to provide assistance. Bonuses are not necessary, but are appreciated, as they go directly to me rather than to the website. Best of luck.