Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My Lucy dog is 11 years old. She has suddenly stopped

Customer Question

My Lucy dog is 11 years old. She has suddenly stopped eating. She starting throwing up clear or yellow watery vomit. She will drink water in small amounts but not food. She has always been a good eater. Is not moving around. She is trying to poo and it was yellow water and now black water. She is really getting weak.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Dog?
Customer: I am forcing her to take thyroid medication. Did give her a baby aspirin yesterday.The flee treatment was new for her and last 3 months? Her breathing is labored or faster than usual.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 5 months ago.

Welcome! Thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will be assisting you today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- How long has this been going on?

2- Was the stool black and watery?

3- Did she get into anything?

4- Any pre existing medical conditions besides hypothyroidism?

5- How much does she weigh?

6- How long since the last time she vomited?

7- Can you take a look at her gums and see if they are pink or pale?